How To Deal With Your Literacy Homework Easily
Literacy homework could be reading, processing, and understanding any form of the written word. It could be an online newspaper, a novel, a primary document, or a short story assigned in English class. You have to read the piece in the way that best fits your particular learning style. Always make sure you read the document assigned by the teacher. Once you know that learning style you will be able to deal with your literacy homework easily. You could be tactile (touch), visual (seeing), or auditory (hearing), as well as other types. There are a few ways to deal with your literacy homework easily:
Easily Dealing with Literacy Assignments
- Read the material out loud to yourself. Simply hearing the words is a simple and easy learning tool. Walk around your room and read to it.
- Copy the words-if you re-copy the document, you will find that you have actually made an imprint on your brain of what you have copied. This, too, is a great tool for homework.
- Skim and scan-if you merely have to be introduced to a work, and need not memorize, then you might want to just skim and scan. You can highlight the pages and parts that are important. This is a quick skill and not used for more than quick updates or introductions.
- Deep read-if you have a quiz tomorrow on chapter six and seven of the Pearl, you need to deep read. And, as you deep read, take notes on what you are reading. Focus on the themes, setting, conflicts, characters, and symbolism.
- Headlines, titles, and subtitles-if reading a newspaper pay attention to the titles and headings. Also look for the triangle that newspaper writers use. This is an imaginary triangle which if drawn over the first paragraph. It would cover the who, what, where, when, and why of the article. These clues are very important.
- Notes-many textbooks have sidebar notes, which are very important to the comprehension of what you are reading. Pay attention to those sidebar notations as you read.
- Apps-if you are reading on a tablet, make sure to acquire and load one of thousand of apps, which allow you to highlight and to take notes as you read through the piece. This will help you to deal with your tablet-based literacy homework easily. Most of these apps are free or they are very inexpensive.